Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beet Greens, Onions, and Shiitakes

Over the weekend I made this up and put it with some scrambled eggs. I love spring time!

I started with a little oil in a skillet and threw in some chopped onions on medium-low. Coat the onion well and  simmer a few minutes (3-4). Add some chopped garlic (I love garlic so it was 2-3 cloves). Let it sit. Heat stays at medium-low.

Meanwhile, cut beet greens away from stem if leaves are large. I had small leaves, so I just chopped it all up together and put it in some water in my salad spinner to soak and clean.

After rinsing, removing the stems, and slicing the shiitakes, throw them in the skillet and mix them well with the onion and garlic. I let them cook a few minutes (maybe 5?), drained the greens, threw them in the skillet, mixed it all up, covered with a lid and turned it off.

When the greens were wilted, I ate it all up. Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment