Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zebra Legs (aka Super Summer Snack)

The summer schedule is catching up with me. Let me re-phrase: the lack of a schedule this summer has tagged me. With traveling, holidays, birthdays, and no-childcare days the eating at our house has been fast and loose--cut up some veggies, open a can of beans, throw it together with some oil and vinegar and call it dinner.

Thankfully, we caught a slight respite while vacationing with friends for the 4th. We took, consumed, and brought home enough food to feed all 6 of us for a month. We ate well and were introduced to the greatest, kid friendliest, yummiest summer year round snack ever.

Take a banana and cut it in half long ways (we had big bananas to start with so we cut them in half short ways, too). Spread Nutella or dark-chocolate-peanut butter on one side and top with remaining side. Wrap in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer. Freeze an hour or two or preferably overnight (if you can stand to wait).

We nicknamed them zebra legs, which the kids thought was hilarious. At 11am this morning my 4 year old son said , "I'm hot. I think I need a zebra leg to cool me off."

Guess who thought the name was hilarious then?

No comments:

Post a Comment