Friday, September 3, 2010

Guac that rocks

I find it interesting that since I've moved to Tennessee the best peaches I've had come from South Carolina. Now, I grew up in Alabama on Chilton County Peaches and have ancestral roots in Georgia so there was a fair share of Peach State peaches around each summer, but I can't get any from either state that are any good here in Tennessee. What's up with that? We only live 15-20 minutes from both AL and GA.

Regardless, I have some succulent South Carolina peaches in my house right now. I'm not kidding--these babies are juicy and over the top sweet. I plan to make a crisp for the holiday weekend, but tonight, I treated myself (literally just me--shared with no one else) to a bowl of divine guacamole. Here's how it breaks down:


Ingredients
1 slightly ripe avocado, sliced open, seed removed
1 ripe South Carolina peach
a little red onion, finely chopped
a little cilantro, finely chopped
sea salt and black pepper to taste

Directions
Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon. Mash with a fork.
Add remaining ingredients and blend well.

I ate the whole bowl. No guilt on my part, though, because peaches are a good source of fiber and vitamins A & C and avocados have really healthy fat. Oh, and I put a spoonful or two on some romaine lettuce leaves, just to get my greens in!

No comments:

Post a Comment