Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Glorious Greens!

Last night was our Whole Food Creates Whole People class, and we focused on dark, leafy greens. It was a great reminder that I need to be extremely intentional about getting at least one serving of greens each day, especially this time of year. They are full of vitamins and minerals that help boost immunity (stay away H1N1!) and depression (a nice perk during gray January days). I know that my best days are the ones that contain greens at every meal and sometimes in-between, so today, just for fun, I did the following:

Almond butter, muscadine jelly, spinach sandwich.

Yep you read it right--I put spinach on my almond butter sandwich! It was actually quite tasty. I tried this radical idea back in September when I had some fresh arugula by putting a few leaves on my p-nut butter and honey wrap and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the flavors together. Now it's a given that some sort of dark, leafy green goes on any sandwich I make. At least once. Give it a go yourself and see how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment